45 Jobber Connecting Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 Jobber Connecting Rods

I Need To Replace My Complete Rods......i Would Like To Know If Anyone Had Some Bad Experience Putting In Complete Jobber Assy Rods......i Am Looking To Buy Some On Ebay

I've pulled a few sets out of big twins and they were all streched 2-3 thousandths in the lower yoke. find another set of original rods or have yours rebuilt.

Comment

What About The S & S 45 Complete Crank?????..............

Comment

I'm not familiar with S&S for 45" motors, but the big twin flywheels are too light and the rods are unnecessarily heavy for normal use. The heavy rods make for more reciprocating weight which causes vibration, no matter how the engine is balanced.

Comment

There are several sets of after market 45 rods available. Be careful because there was a set being made in India that I stopped selling because the quality was junk. The ones made in Japan are by far the best for stock usage and mild hot rodding. They are drop forged and well machined. You can tell them because they have casting numbers in them and the India ones don't.

PM me if you want more info.

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by KDR View Post
            There are several sets of after market 45 rods available. Be careful because there was a set being made in India that I stopped selling because the quality was junk. The ones made in Japan are by far the best for stock usage and mild hot rodding. They are drop forged and well machined. You can tell them because they have casting numbers in them and the India ones don't.

PM me if you want more info.

Kurt
            i have already seen japanese ones without any casting numbers on the rods........hard to say which is which

Comment

The supplier of those rods changed a couple years ago to the India rods and I called them on it and told them I refused to sell them because of the poor quality. I pressed the issue about where they were made and was told from India. Maybe whoever has the blank rods don't know about the change and has kept advertising them as the same Japanese ones, because the vendor didn't volunteer the info. I've never personally seen a set from Japan without the casting marks......I've been selling rod sets for a few years.

Kurt

45" Parts Depot

Comment

Originally posted by KDR View Post
                The supplier of those rods changed a couple years ago to the India rods and I called them on it and told them I refused to sell them because of the poor quality. I pressed the issue about where they were made and was told from India. Maybe whoever has the blank rods don't know about the change and has kept advertising them as the same Japanese ones, because the vendor didn't volunteer the info. I've never personally seen a set from Japan without the casting marks......I've been selling rod sets for a few years.

Kurt

45" Parts Depot
                check this................http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...Q5fAccessories

Comment

Feedback ratings is a bit low for the feedback number the seller possesses.

Comment

Working...
                  X