Buzz Kanter's LSR 1931 Harley V For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzz Kanter's LSR 1931 Harley V For Sale

Thought people here might be interested to know that we have my old 1931 Harley V for auction on ebay right now. This is the motorcycle I found in a New Jersey warehouse where it sat for more then a decade ignored. We brought it down to Wheels Through Time museum and got it running the first morning. Then we tuned it up, rebuilt everything that needed rebuilding, installed a newly rebuilt better than stock carb, laced up some new wheels with brand new Avon tires and had a blast.

Harley-Davidson : V Flathead V-Twin:eBay Motors (item 260489472653 end time Oct-17-09 17:14:17 PDT)

We followed this series in American Iron Magazine as the "Racestoration" as we built it as a production racer for the Maxton Mile. I made 3 passes and set or broke 3 land speed records at Maxton with the ECTA. Dale made 2 passes in a different class and set or broke 2 records with this old Harley flathead big twin.

We got it over 75 mph, which is pretty impressive for a 78 year old low compression flathead motorcycle.

After sitting for several months I took it out 2 days ago and it fired up on the 2nd hot kick and ran great. I rode it up and down the driveway and she is purring. Strong engine, rare 3 speed and Reverse transmission, good clutch, good brakes and new rubber. Solid and dependable bike.

Hope the winner is someone who appreciates this old Harley and actually rides it.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

OK Buzz,
    I have the bidding rolling.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Well the bidding seems to be moving fast on ebay (thanks Chris - you rock!) for my classic Harley I have listed there. And I might end up selling my old 1931 Harley V that we raced at Maxton last year and covered in the pages of American Iron Magazine (Project Racestoration).

Here is a short video I did of how to start a 1931 Harley flathead. Note the starting procedure is the same for most old kickstart Harleys. Figured I'd better shoot it now while I still have the motorcycle.

Check out this video on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YVufRuEim8

It's fun making these videos, but don't think a have a career doing it
      Buzz Kanter

Comment

Wonderful bike!
        Wish I had the dough to throw at it!,... where's an overturned armored car when ya need one!
        "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

Thanks, I wish you did too. I'd much rather this cool old Harley end up with someone who appreciates and will ride it than someone who will mounted it to a wall or is a bar somewhere. It's a sweet running little flathead!
          Buzz Kanter

Comment

If I wasn't into a '44 restoration, I would snatch this thing up !

Good luck with the sale.

Comment

In case anyone is interested I have my 1931 Harley V bike that I raced at Maxton on ebay again. We covered this story of building and racing it in American Iron Magazine last year.

It's a great old bike that runs strong and looks great. I sure hope some Yuppie does not buy it to restore into another trailer queen.

Link is Harley-Davidson : V Flathead V-Twin:eBay Motors (item 260513804345 end time Dec-03-09 18:20:10 PST)

We have a number of interesting links on the ebay listing of a video clip of me showing the starting procedure, and of the much higher quality videos Dale Walksler and the Wheels Through Time crew did of us prepping the bike and then racing it at Maxton.

We lowered the reserve and the Buy It Now price. Sure hope it sells this time.

Also have a Sturgis Shovelhead motorcycle still for sale and perhaps a few more.
              Buzz Kanter

Comment

Working...
              X