I-Beam for 45 parts info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-Beam for 45 parts info needed

Does anyone know the part numbers for both the top nut (round one with the square notches cut out of it that goes over the top race) and the top race that has the knurled edge all the way around itself?

I'm in need of both parts,...mainly the rounded top nut,...all for the 45 I-beam springer front end.

Thanks guys.
    "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

I see three different part numbers for the 45. Upper head cone [ 2754-30, 2754-39, and 2754-40 ]I suspect the last one is no relevant to the I-beam springer though.Head cone lock nut number I see as 2759-30. Hope this is what you needed. Paps

Comment

Just for the sake of information, can a I-Beam fork be mounted to a later WL frame using the later fork mounting parts? I have'nt the parts on hand to try it out. Just wonder if someone has tried. Going to build a bobber some day form parts on hand....Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Rod K View Post
        Just for the sake of information, can a I-Beam fork be mounted to a later WL frame using the later fork mounting parts? I have'nt the parts on hand to try it out. Just wonder if someone has tried. Going to build a bobber some day form parts on hand....Rod
        No, you need the early parts, I mean you could probably do it with a few modified other parts, but it would be half-assed... that's pretty much how I got my I-beam front end,.. the fellow didn't have the needed parts and got aggravated and just wanted to throw on a tubular springer instead,... so we traded front ends. If you have one and want to get rid of it let me know, I'd take it... if you're just looking to build a bobber you would proably be better off with the new repro out there,.. they take 1" stem parts,.. a little easier to work with,... so i've been told.
        "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by Paps View Post
          I see three different part numbers for the 45. Upper head cone [ 2754-30, 2754-39, and 2754-40 ]I suspect the last one is no relevant to the I-beam springer though.Head cone lock nut number I see as 2759-30. Hope this is what you needed. Paps
          Hmmm,.... I sure do wish I could figure it out. I'm gonna shoot it by Old Dude parts and see if he has anything,... hopefully he does??

Comment

thanks for the reply....I kinda like the look of the I-Beam fork. I'll have to start looking for the early parts.....Rod

Comment

Working...
            X