45 WLA Air Cleaner Info Sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 WLA Air Cleaner Info Sought

On the 45 WLA rectangular oil bath air cleaner box.....the mounting plate riveted to the rear of the box.....There are 5 rivets which hold the plate to the box. Does anyone know the Harley Davidson part number for those rivets ? Thanks, Paps

Seems no one knows heh ? Anyhow, I asked because I am removing a mounting plate so I can replace the plate. Someone cut the mounting ears off of it. I removed the 5 rivets but it seems the MoCo spot welded the plate, in several places, before drilling it out for the rivets. I suspect, they did this before they rolled the sheet metal into shape. The spot welds are from the inside out. Paps

Comment

Paps,
      Have you asked Kurt? Seems like something he may have.
      It may even be worth a try to call Thunder H/D in Sharon. They still have some odd ball vintage stuff on their shelfs. Its a long shot but you never know. Good Luck! -Steve
      Last edited by Ohio-Rider; 10-13-2009, 07:04 AM.
      ------------
      Steve
      AMCA #7300

Comment

Thanks Steve. I may have to check both of them out. I have several aircleaners but I need one in particular. The one I need has the daily instructions spot welded to it in a plaque form. The later ones were stamped directly into the body of the aircleaners skin. I'm trying to replace the mounting bracket that is on the one I need to use. Figured I steal one of of a later one as a replacement.

Comment

Working...
        X