19" VC Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19" VC Wheels

I am ready to lace my new painted 19" rims with bead blasted stainless spokes for my 33 VC. I am wondering if there is an offset for the hub. I have found where there is one for the 45's but can't find anything for the V's. Should I assume that the hub is just centered or is there a specfic offset to one side or the other?
    Bob Selph
    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
    1940 Sport Scout
    AMCA#15215

Not knowing the specs for your wheel, if I were to lace it up without the specs, I would assemble the complete hub, axle, spacers, and drum, to the frame, square the wheel to where the gear box drive sprocket should be located [ if ya don't already have the trans mounted ], and then lace for centering the rim to the frame and rear fender. Paps

Comment

I'll quote from Steve Slocombe's book
      Quote "The correct hub to rim offset is obtained when a long straightedge placed across the splined end of the assembled wheel hub stands 1/16 (2mm) clear of the rim at both sides." Unquote
      Hope this helps.
      Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
      A.M.C.A. # 2777
      Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Thanks Peter, I knew I had seen it somewhere and I missed it in Steve's book when I looked again.
        Bob Selph
        1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
        1940 Sport Scout
        AMCA#15215

Comment

wheel offset

i measured up three wheels i had here, 2 19s 1 18, all were about 1/2 inch proud on the brake side. since the wheel is 3.7 wide an the wheel is about 3.2 that would be about right.

Comment

wheel offset

after reading that i ment the hub is about 3.7 sorry about that
            dave #4746

Comment

Working...
            X