servi-car rear bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servi-car rear bumper

i am getting ready to restore the rear bumper on my 53 servi and wanted to use the best one i have and discovered i have 2 types. one has long braces and rounded ends and one has short braces and the ends are more squared off. i think the latter one is correct for the 53. my question is what year did they change and can the longer bumper braces be used for any year if you mount a spare tire on the back? thank you anyone for the help

bumper

flat-happy,

As far as the brackets go, in Palmer's book on page 79 he says that 52 and later were 2 1/2" shorter than the earlier ones. I have no answers on the bumper though. I'll attach a couple of pictures of my 46 and 58 servi-cars for reference.
    Attached Files
    Bruce Keith
    AMCA #1467

Comment

Hi Bruce---thank You For The Post. I Read That Whole Section And Since There Was No Mention Of The Bumper Itself I Thought Maybe He Had Skimmed Over It To Get Finished For The Deadline Like A Few Other Things In The Book. I Wish They Would Let The Man Finish The Book On His Terms But The Jerks Probably Never Will. I Wanted To Contact Him About This But I Know How Busy He Is And How Sorta Trivial My Question Is So I Didn't Bother Him With It. What Really Made Me Wonder About The 52 Date Is I Remember A Milk Delivery Trike I Used To See That Was A 55 Model That I Have The License Plate From And It Had A Spare Tire On The Back Of It And The Long Brackets. The Guy Said It Was All Original And It Appeared To Be. I Don't Know What Ever Happened To The Trike Or All His Other Bikes. He Was Primarily An Indian Collector. At The Time He Had 5 4 Cyl And 8 Twin Cyl Indians All Running And Enough Parts To Build Probably A Dozen More

Comment

Just make sure that you have the brackets that support it from behind. It won't hold up very well without them. Warren at 45 restorations would be able to give you info on that bumper. Denise

Comment

Working...
        X