45 Brake Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 Brake Parts

Can this poor boy get some info on 45 solo rear brake parts? Has anyone purchased V-Twin backing plate or drum. If so, what was the quality, fitment,durability, etc....... would you recommend to anyone else? We all have our horror stories with repop parts but if these are usable without too much tweeking I may buy a set. Anybody have real HD stuff they will part with..possible to bring to Davenport?....too many questions??........

The V-Twin backing plate is a beautiful piece of work, unless you want the speedo to work. Again, one of those pos items they make that is so close to being usable and correct that it's junk. I've told them several times what the problem is with it and as usual, they don't care. The brake part of the backing plate is great and so is the overall fit and finish, but they put the hole in the wrong place for the speedo drive and the angle is wrong. To make it right, you basically have to weld up the hole and start all over again trying to get the angle right....then you have to strip off the powder coating.....clean up the weld.....paint......so on and so on......

Comment

I agree with Kurt. He nailed those parts dead on. Paps

Comment

Kurt,
        Got my stuff in the mail last week, everything worked out well,... though I made the error of ordering the wrong springer bushings. Somehow I must have hit the button on the later ones rather than the earlier ones I'm in need of.

I'll have to get a hold of you to exchange 'em.

Too bad on that v-twin rear brake plate,... sad to see people don't care about craftsmanship!
        "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

Working...
        X