Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some 45 I-Beam dimension measurements,... straightening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some 45 I-Beam dimension measurements,... straightening.

Guys,...

I'm just about done prepping my I-beam front end to get blasted and painted, as it needed some tweaking in the legs, etc.

What I REALLY need, is if someone would be nice enough to supply me with a measurement of the inside of the legs at the bottom of the rear ones (the actual I-Beam) from inside of one leg to the other (not including the rockers!), so I can tweak the width of the legs as needed to get them back to their proper shape.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated!
    "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

If you have the wheel assembly, and the rockers, the measurements are there already.

Comment

Originally posted by Paps View Post
      If you have the wheel assembly, and the rockers, the measurements are there already.

Thank you for the advice, but no, I don't have all of that yet,....hence the reason for the question.

I want to keep moving forward on this and not stall out waiting for parts to be found while I could be doing something with the front end instead of it hovering in limbo.
      I suppose its not a widely owned front end,... or the right fellow running one just hasn't seen the thread yet to answer?
      "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

I can't give you the exact measurement you're looking for because my wheel is already on the bike. But measuring about 3" up from the rockers (because the brake drum is in the way), the inside of the I-Beam fork measures 7 1/2".

I'll take my payment in a proper RL brake shackle. Forging SF-834 T.

HAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by hdrl1935 View Post
          I can't give you the exact measurement you're looking for because my wheel is already on the bike. But measuring about 3" up from the rockers (because the brake drum is in the way), the inside of the I-Beam fork measures 7 1/2".

I'll take my payment in a proper RL brake shackle. Forging SF-834 T.

HAHA!

LOL!,....

I do certainly appreciate the help! That will help me out with this as I have somewhat of a baseline to go by now.

Comment

Measurement from bottom inside of rear fork leg to other side I get 7 7/8 inch. My fork is a late RL, and looks to be streight. If someone else could confirm this size, then you would know you're on the right track. Hope this helps.....Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Rod K View Post
              Measurement from bottom inside of rear fork leg to other side I get 7 7/8 inch. My fork is a late RL, and looks to be streight. If someone else could confirm this size, then you would know you're on the right track. Hope this helps.....Rod

Rod,...

Thanks a million for that, as its really appreciated!

Comment

I measured mine last night and got 7 3/4 inches at the bottom of the fork legs. This was measured on the bike, so with a little play to put the wheel on 7 7/8 would be about right.
                Rich
                AMCA #8438

Comment

There is no reason for an I-beam fork to be any different in width than a tubular one. The axle, wheel, brakes, and rockers are all the same for the later bikes. I measured three 45 springers and come up with 3 13/16 to 3 15/16 for a range. Measuring inside tab to tab on rear legs.
                  Robbie
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                  X