Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Shackle Bend?

1935 RL I-Beam springer and front brake:

With everything tightened up, the brake shackle has a bend in it. Viewed from the top, it looks like a very lazy 'S'. Is this correct?

I have a VL one. The forging number is SF-834. I need a SF-834 T. Quickly looked at it last night, missed the 'T', thought I had the right one.

Anyways, I flipped it over, grease fittings down, and it fits perfectly. The VL shackle is a mirror of the RL.

I will trade anyone looking for a VL one for an RL one..........I won't hold my breath though...............

Comment

I used to have several RL ones but seem to have traded them all out already. Maybe Johnny Sells or Steve White? The SF 834T one for the RL is not that rare, and I think I've seen it used on 1928/9 JDs and maybe even early knuckleheads. It's definitely a swapmeet possibility at Davenport.

Comment

Wish I could get to Davenport this year. I always have a blast. But a family reunion in Milwaukee this weekend uses up most of my vacation time. I'll see if Johnny has one. I've been bugging the hell out of him lately asking a TON of questions. He's been a great help and patient as well.

Comment

Who is Steve White?

The guy from Antique Cycle Northwest?

Comment

shackle

Hay HDRL35, I didn't jump in cause my bike is apart, but if your in Milwaukee , Wis. Give me a call. I can come get you and we can go through my RL …...Rudy4536@aol.com

Comment

shackle

I was digging thru my box of "stuff" today and found a brake shackle marked XF 834
              anybody know what model HD this belongs to? Thanks for your help...Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Rod K View Post
                I was digging thru my box of "stuff" today and found a brake shackle marked XF 834
                anybody know what model HD this belongs to? Thanks for your help...Rod
                http://www.mikesindianparts.com/BRAKE%20SHACKLES.htm

Comment

Thanks for the reply...very good site....Rod

Comment

Working...
                  X