Finally Done!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Done!!!

Well here's the beast that I've been working on lately. It gave me a good run for my money but I think it's all sorted out now. It obviously isn't all original and the eagle eyes will spot the re-pop stuff. It's got a Pan toolbox on it but that's what was hangin' on the wall. There's some mix matched parts from different years too!! I'd like to thank Perry Ruiter, Rub and Cotton for helping me along with all the head scratchin' stuff that the manuals don't tell you. Mr. Haynes this was all done without the aid of a parts book. I ordered one back in April and it still hasn't hit my mailbox!!! The other night Gary H. showed up and set my one-way frustrated mind in the right direction to get it runnin' smoother. Thanks bud! I had it out for a maiden voyage tonight and it seems to be runnin' pretty good. It's my rider this summer and in no way do I think I did a resto on it. Anyway that's probably enough of a speech for now. All I can say is this is one great club with a lot of stand-up folks that are willing to share their knowledge to see another bike on the road!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Congratulations Cory,
    Great to hear you are on the road. Always time to look for correct bits as you go, this way you can get out and enjoy it.
    Ride safe
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

thats awsome to hear amigo,thats a nice shot of your flattie looks great!
      better get my ass in gear on my tranny issue eh? parts are getting sent for on monday..ave a gooder.

Comment

Congratulations, I hope you get many hours of enjoyment out of it.
        Pete Cole AMCA #14441
        1947 Indian Chief

Comment

The bike looks great Cory. Once you get those WL vibes in your brain you are hooked for life. My 47WL is the sweetest running 45 on the planet. (I know, everybody says that about their own machine). I rode a bit with the Fatdog a couple of weeks ago. It's hard to get even two WL solos together for a ride anymore. My 47 looked a little better before I broadsided a 200 lb buck on the 4th of July two years ago. It's got a little wiggle up front it didn't have before. Hardly noticable at 60 mph.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by koanes; 06-28-2009, 08:56 AM.
          Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Cory,

Congrats and safe riding with the WL it looks good and like the others said you can change things as you go........heck you can ride it to a swap meet to search for the parts
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Beautiful bike Cory. My first real motorcycle was a black 41EL, like about a million other black Harleys, but a million people can't be wrong. You'll have a lot of fun on that motorcycle no matter what your long term goals are for it. Ultimately, that's what life is all about.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

looks great happy riding and searching. pull up to a harley dealer and half the people will just think its a softail
                Moose
                aka Glenn

Comment

Thanks for all the great feedback fellas. It was quite the frankenstein when I got into it but I definitely got some satisfaction out of getting it rollin' again. I had to go with a re-pop seat for now until I stumble on a great old worn in one. It's also got a crappy re-pop speedo on it (that doesn't work of course) and I'd like to sort that out too sometime. For now I'm just gonna ride it and enjoy it. Now that it's done though I've got another project waiting in the wings to start on. Ain't life grand!

Oh, and Kyle that's a pretty cool sickle you've got there!!! A little worn looking, just like I like them!!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Great job Cory, That bike looks great. If you ever get the urge to see how well it can do up against another 45” your welcome to join a couple of us around here when we do our yearly “flat out flatheads” race to see who’s bike is quicker. We do a few runs from a dead stop then do a few more from a second gear roll off and then finish the day off with a two mile oval dirt track scramble. Beverages are served all day.
                    ------------
                    Steve
                    AMCA #7300

Comment

Steve!! That sounds like a real hoot!!! Thanks for the invite!!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

That sounds like fun, I wonder if you have one for servicars? My husband clocked me yesterday tooling along at 60, now that's impressive. It would be a fun ride just to get to also. Denise

Cory, hey man that is sweet!

Comment

Thanks Denise! 60 on a Servicar? Pretty Impressive!!!
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Real Nice Job !!! Paps

Comment

Thanks Paps!!! How's that tranny rebuild coming along?
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X