37 UL Dash Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37 UL Dash Configuration

Searching for any assistance, preferably photo's, of the positioning of the amp meter and oil gauge to the base. I have a couple of dash bases (repro, which is probably the problem) and without ever seeing the real thing i am having difficulty with assembly. E-mail me at jwhitsett@irs2.cc please.
    Thanks in advance
    Johnny Whitsett
    AMCA # 8626

Here's front and back photos of a 37 dash I did for a guy a few years ago. Dash, ammeter and oil pressure gauge are all repro. Speedo housing was a 38-46 which is a tight fit on a 37 base ... Perry
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank You Perry ! As well as Thank You Matt Olsen for the e-mail !
      As i suspected, I have two different repro dash bases and neither are close. I have been told that the "new" repro bases are pretty accurate, but none are available at this time. I have had one on back order for a couple of months. Anyone have a spare 36-37 repro dash base laying around they would part with? If not this is going to revert to a surgical procedure......cut and stitch.
      Again, Many Thanks for the prompt assistance.
      Johnny Whitsett
      AMCA # 8626

Comment

Originally posted by jww View Post
        As i suspected, I have two different repro dash bases and neither are close. I have been told that the "new" repro bases are pretty accurate, but none are available at this time. I have had one on back order for a couple of months. Anyone have a spare 36-37 repro dash base laying around they would part with? If not this is going to revert to a surgical procedure......cut and stitch.
        My guess is that you haven't a clue how much an original '36/'37 dash is worth.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I don't know if the repro bases I have are old or new, but I've compared them to an original and they look good. After tweaking everything fits nicely and they bolt right up. I've sold several and never had a complaint. How many would you like? ... Perry

Comment

Perry.
            Thanks for the assistance and offer. I ordered a repro dash base yesterday with the assistance of another member. Again, thanks for the photo's Perry.
            Chris,
            I'm totally clueless, as this is the first time I have had my head out of the sand in 30 years.
            I had hoped to conceal my lack of knowledge. Now thanks to you everyone knows.
            Let me guess....since we are guessing. You know how much an original is worth, and you have a bunch of them. Congratulations to you Chris, smiley icon and all.
            Johnny Whitsett
            AMCA # 8626

Comment

Let me guess.....
              Oops, bad guess....!

Comment

Perry.
                Thanks for the assistance and offer. I ordered a repro dash base yesterday with the assistance of another member. Again, thanks for the photo's Perry.
                Chris,
                I'm totally clueless, as this is the first time I have had my head out of the sand in 30 years.
                I had hoped to conceal my lack of knowledge. Now thanks to you everyone knows.
                Let me guess....since we are guessing. You know how much an original is worth, and you have a bunch of them. Congratulations to you Chris, smiley icon and all.
                I wish I had a bunch. The last one I bought cost me two hundred bucks.
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Is the UL the same as an EL dash? I think this is a 37/38? . It was in a box of old speedos 41-52's
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by TJK; 03-31-2009, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X