Big Fixx Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Fixx Bearings

Does anybody know how much clearance I need to get these things to work? Using a belt basket and new hub with bearings. Should the clearance be taken off the hub or basket?. Obviously won't go together as is. Chris

Its a lot easier to get the clutch shell race sized with a precision hone than it is to find someone to set up and OD grind the hub. You need to find out which part is sized incorrectly.
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Chris,

Send it back to me so I can have it corrected. There was a batch of clutch baskets that went out about .001" too small.

Contact me off site at: info@45partsdepot.com

I'll take care of it for you.

Kurt

Comment

Big Fix

Kyle, Would you happen to know what the original specs for the clutch hub od and clutch basket id should be. I've got measurements but it's hard to decide which is wrong without knowing original. At least I know the rollers are on. It's a 45 clutch set up and I'm at the point where I just want to carry it to a shop and have them fix whichever is wrong. Chris

Comment

Big Fix

Found the info I needed over at flat head pwr. Don't know who Pa is but my thanks. Now it's off to the machine shop to have the part honed out. Chris

Comment

It's remarkable, how some machinist bible standard clearances, do not apply to certain fit applications. Pa ? Last time I saw him was in a mirror. Paps

Comment

Pa, Paps, and maybe even a few more names, who knows? Their are several folks that post here and when they are making suggestions I listen closely. Pa is one of them. I'm hoping I get a free beer out of him for that next week.
              ------------
              Steve
              AMCA #7300

Comment

Guess I gotta crack open the ole piggy bank. Steve...can ya email me the date and hours ? I forgot to mark that one on the calender. Maybe we can meet there around the same hour ? Paps

Comment

Big Fix

Pa, Paps, Kinda figured it had to be you, thats why I stuck my thanks here. Love the Flat head pwr site but find now that we really don't do much talking on our site and I kinda miss that. I mean I still remember Steve and the saddle bag gig,heck you gave me great advice back when I first started with my goofy enginge on the crate. Think I got that bearing thing worked out but...don't ever believe just because some one says"Send it back" they really mean it. Oh well, we just keep trying to ride and have fun. Hey, check out my post about my carbon mine> Thanks, Chris

Comment

The FHP site has been slow in chat lately but I belong to numerous forums which are a bit slowed down as well. This forum has actually picked up quite a bit in the chat traffic. That's a good thing. Oh.....The Paps title came from my grandkids, when I first joined this forum. Figured I would leave it that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X