Land Speed Record on 1931 Harley V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Speed Record on 1931 Harley V

Just back from Maxton, NC where Dale Walksler and I raced my 1931 medium compression Harley V at the Maxton Mile.

I bought this bike from a warehouse about a month ago and it hadn't been run in 21 years. I trucked it down to Wheels Thorugh Time muesum www.WheelsThroughTime.com and Dale got it running on Tuesday. We fiddled tiwh it (thanks, Dale, Matt, Brian, Dave, Bill and Jim) and had it running good in 3 days. We then race prepped it with snap-back throttle, safety wire, modern tires, etc.

On Friday morning we trucked it to Maxton and passed tech. On Saturday, with perhaps 20 miles on the bike in 21 years, I set the record in the 1350 class at a bit over 73 miles per hour in the standing mile course.

Then Dale set a record in the 1650 class.

On Sunday we each broke our own records, with the best time going to Dale at a bit over 76 miles per hour.

Photos and details at our 2 web sites www.aimag.com and www.caimag.com. Dale should have the video up on his web site www.wheelsthroughtime.com in the next couple fo weeks. And we will run a series of articles on it in American Iron Magazine starting in February or March.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Again Buzz........congrats!!! It must have been quite a rush!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
    X