1932 Vl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1932 Vl

What do you folks think the value of a unrestored (but tore down to restore) basket case 1932VL would be worth??

I was informed that the engine was overhauled,15 years ago and the bike dissassembled for restoration.

I got a call from the local Harley dealer who wants me to come by and take a look at it, cuz they don't know about the flatties.

And what should I be looking for as to what would be hard to replace/restore?

Any pitfalls to look out for?

ANY advice is Good...

Thanks.

George

PS...Chris, if you have any photos of this bike, Left/Right...front rear Could you post them or email me??
    George Greer
    AMCA # 3370

Here is a '32 with Police Equipment.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Nice picture Chris. I note the axles are still cad, kicker pedal rubbers tapered, fillister blanking screws in the front stand catch holes, and round head screws on the mudflap and dash side when the parts book says fillister. You can also see both flat and lock washers under the mudguard flap bolts, and all painted. Nuts on the outside of the rear muffler hanger fixings. Parkerized kicker arm, side rails and footboards too. And really cool early Police stuff - is that white rubber tubing to the taillight?

George, check for good engine numbers on any bike you're buying. If it is like the picture but in parts then no problem, but more likely much worn and with parts from other machines. I'd guess at 4-8,000 euros in Europe right now but, as always, everyone is different and you've got to make your own deal on the day. As light at the end of the tunnel, Bonham's got $43,300 out of an earlier restoration 34VLD at their Owl's Head ME auction a couple of weeks ago, which I believe to be the highest price yet for a VL.

Comment

That rear stand sure resembles a WLC front stand. Paps

Comment

It always amazes me the quality of pictures that you post Chris. By any chance do you have a picture of a 1935 RLD and be willing to share it
          Rich
          AMCA #8438

Comment

Not a 32VL, but here is a 34VLD I had no trouble getting 15k for last winter. That should give you a starting point. I don't know if the 32's are the same but there is a diaphram in the oil pump which is impossible to find.
            ------------
            Steve
            AMCA #7300

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for the photo...

I am not in the market for this bike, the dealer called and asked if I could come and look at it, since I have put so much time into my WLA.

I will look at it this weekend.

Steve, thanks for the email..

Ohio Rider, thanks for your photo as well.

George
              George Greer
              AMCA # 3370

Comment

Went and looked the the basket case...

The only part that was for a 32VL, was the engine...the other items was 45".

Poorly repaired later model 45 frame...........as well as poorly repaired springer....45 tanks, civilian model fenders......mixed in with military parts.....

Owner at the dealer now wants to sell just the engine...

Anybody interested in a 32VL engine........I will pass along the information for you or provide contact info..

THANKS!! For the photos, they helped.

George
                Last edited by George Greer; 10-19-2008, 12:04 AM. Reason: spelling
                George Greer
                AMCA # 3370

Comment

Working...
                X