Charging question.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging question.....

Now this is a question I think I should know, but there's been many a thought processed since I last used the knowledge. Here goes.......... when I was a youngster I remember that when I changed out a battery in my Sportster that I had to polarize the generator. Now it seems as though one should maybe do this when I change the battery in my 45? Just a silly question that should be obvious, but it's raining cats and dogs out today and I've got the hankerin' to do a little puttering on the little flattie. Just got my carb back from Cotton, and it's beautiful!!! If I can get the manifold sealed up properly, I should be able to fire up the old girl today!!! Thanks in advance!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

you have it right

yes a quick jump between the Generator and Battery side of the regulator posts before starting and after all connections are complete should polarize the generator. I personally have more problems myself with 12V generators than I do the 6V..I'll never understand that. LOL Good riding weather is coming for me here in the N/E. Merlin in Pa.

Comment

Thanks Merlin! Like I said I shoulda known, but it's always good to confirm. I just walked by the computer and thought I'd check. The Mrs. sidetracked me with a rainy day house project, so the 45 will get fixed in the morning!!! Thanks again and would you have a grin on a sunny day for me? It's forecast for rain for at least the next week! Oh, well I can't say that it'll stop a fella from riding anyway, it's not like I'll melt!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
      X