Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance cams for WLA

Does anyone have a source for performance cams for a WLA? thanks

It takes a combination of several parts to get any added performance from a WLA. Talk to Kurt : sales@flatlandmotorcyclecompany.com He can explain it all to you. Paps

Comment

Dear Saltracer, in Europe Phil Joy at Joy Cams has made several sets of street/race cams for my VLs. These have more lift and duration, while still allowing the bike to start and idle. I had a set of these in my '34 VL when electrically timed at 103 mph on a UK airfield a while back. There's an article in the AMCA magazine describing the mods to the bike.

Phil has had his arm twisted to make a few sets of similar UL and I think WLA cams by my European friends. Like most of us, he is a guy working alone under pressure who will not necessarily take on any job. Call him in the morning US time on 011.44.1279.730682. That should also be his fax number. Mention my name and he can buy me a beer or cuss me out next time I see him, depending if he needs the work. As Paps has said, performance from an old flathead is a lot more than changing cams, but where's the fun if you can't dream? Best regards.

Comment

Jim Leinweber will also regrind your originals if you have a good set. The most common upgrade uses something close to the WR specs. Another option is a set of early K model cams but they are getting tough to find.

Leinweber is about like Steve Slocombe's friend Phil, you have to catch him in the right mood, he stays backed up most of the time.

http://www.leinewebercams.com/

mike

Comment

Working...
        X