servi-car seat-T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servi-car seat-T

Can anyonre tell me what changed in 52 that a different seat-T is listed for 52 and up servi-cars? Also what's different about the T?
    Thanks, Brian
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

In a word, nothing. The seat t-bar part number is 51900-30. Had the part changed in 52, the part number would have been 51900-52.

The servi car parts catalog number 99454-61 lists parts for 51 to 61. The minimum ""Used On" year is 1951. Is that what is leading you to think a change may have occurred in 51?
    \'77 Sportster
    \'68 FLH
    \'61 Super 10
    \'56 Servicar
    \'59 Hummer

Comment

Both my 41 -54, and my 50-57 parts books list 51900-30....seat bar.....all twins, except 52 & up servi-car. 51901-41.....seat bar....late 52 & up servi-cars. Both these parts books cover all twins. Is this a war surplus T? was the factory trying to use up old stock? Obviously a different T was in use in the mid 50's for some reason. This also would be the same time the 45 model went out of production.
      Brian
      Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

My '58 to '73 Servi-car parts catalog still shows the 51900-30 seat T

Kurt

Comment

Then I guess the question really is what does a 51901-41 seat-T look like and why is it different? The universal seat-T with 2 pin locations (51900-30) has been around since the mid 30's.
          Brian
          Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

I have to disagree with the part number change verses parts change or modification statement. there are numerous parts that have been changed or modified and still retain the same part numbers. I possess many parts books and even those I find error with. Paps

Comment

I agree Paps....one of the biggest headaches I deal with is the sleeve for the interchangeable hub. Two completely different sleeves for the stepped hub and the late hub, but both carry the same number.....3963-35.......then you get into the "type" senerio.....Type 1, Type 2...same thing here...modified part, but same part number.

Kurt

Comment

Absolutely Kurt ! And then you get different Letter or no letter designations from one book to another. One of my parts books has a pair of cam gear part numbers listed under the incorrect cams on the parts drawing. Got to watch the service manuals also. Different transmission clearances in different years and reversed shifter fork clearance in another. Makes it touch going sometimes but still fun. Paps

Comment

Working...
                X