'29 model D Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '29 model D Parts

I have a partial basket case for a 1929 model D 45" Harley. I need several parts. if any of you guys have them or have a source for NOS or repop, let me know. I do have part numbers for everything I need, I just don't have them with me at this time.

fuel tanks
    Front and Rear fenders
    left and right footboard side bars
    front and rear footboard support rods
    spark coil
    rear wheel stand catch
    rear sprocket
    *various front axle parts ( definately need front axle bushing)
    brake and shifter rods
    shifter lever and shifter gate
    Upper and lower inner chain guards (inner primary)

If you can help please email me at v.macrino@comcast.net

Thanks all!

I'm pretty sure Johnny can help you with most of the parts. The '29D is a bit difficult as many parts are one-year. On the other hand, some fit from earlier 21" Singles and early 30:ies 45":s. Hope you have some remains of the fenders as they are one-year only. Maybe a set of 1930-33 VL repro fenders could be modified with a pattern from a rusted out original.
    Fiskis

Comment

thanks for the reply. I wish I had some remains. I basically have a rolling basket case. It has the frame, front end and wheels and handle bars, motor, tranny, clutch assemble, generator, outer primary cover, rear brake assembly and stuff like that, but I am missing all the sheet metal and some odds and ends like footboard sidebars and rods, brake rods and stuff like that. Johnny has helped me with alot of parts. I am down to finding the one year only parts. GOD HELP ME!!!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by harleyjedi View Post
        I basically have a rolling basket case.
        Hi,

I had about the same starting point as you, only a bit worse. My fork was wrong and I had no front wheel. Two years later I'm only missing the inner primary...but it was a lot of work to get all the missing parts.

Front fender was used through many years but the braces are one-year only.

Cheers,
        Axel

Comment

Working...
        X