wl rear fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wl rear fender

Well I got tried of looking for a original rear fender and broke down and bought a repro... It is a pretty nice 3 piece fender and now I am trying to find out the exact hole location for the tail light , rear stand and license plate holder. any help would be great

Have you tried to mount it yet ? I suggest you do if you haven't. I ran across one that didn't line up to the frame. I had to disassemble the braces from the skin in order to reshape the skin correctly. I also had to reshape the rear tip. Braces had to be separated from the rivets and relocated for proper alignment too. I fabricated an angle iron jig to accomplish the repairs. I am now ready to put the other holes in it. I think I have that info but don't remember where in the sam hill I put it. Paps

Comment

Yes, I have it primed and mounted and it looks pretty good, I drilled and tapped the holes for the buddy seat and now I just need to know where the other holes go. Thank's for any HELP!!!

Comment

If it helps any here are the rear fender hole locations on my 1945WL. All locations are from the bottom edge of the fender.
        1) 3-1/4" up to single hole for center stand.
        2) 6-5/8" up to lower taillight mount hole.
        3) 8-3/4" up to the upper taillight mount hole.
        4) 10-3/4" up to the 2 horizontal holes for the licence plate

With these locations, it will put the bottom of the taillight housing at 3-1/2" from bottom of fender edge.
        Attached Files

Comment

thank you for your time and measurements

Comment

WL rear fender

A couple a years ago I bought a repop rear fender for a WL bobber project and received a big twin fender instead. (didn't really look at it until recently, life gets in the way)
            So I have a repop big twin fender to trade for a WL rear fender if anyone's interested. I figure it's not worth the hassle to cut up this one given my space and time.
            I'm bobbing between the braces and hinges so an incomplete piece would work too (meaning missing the hinged rear section and light).
            Send me an email through the forum.

Dave

Comment

Here's a pic from my files - I don't know where I ripped it from and can't vouch for accuracy.
              Attached Files

Comment

And one more:
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X