1931-32 H-D C Model Pictures anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1931-32 H-D C Model Pictures anyone?

Does anyone have any good detail pictures of a 1931 or 1932 C Model H-D Single? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Peter, have a 1930 CM (magneto model) here in Argentina. Trying to restore it ..but have no much information. Is yours generator or magneto..?? Would like too some pictures with paint details. Best regards from sunny Argentina, Daniel.

Comment

???????????

http://www.ace-ltd-usa.com/1932/

Comment

LOL

:-) That is my 1932 hybrid! The motor, frame and tranny are 1932 as well as a bunch of other small stuff, but the frontend is pre-1930 as is the dash.

Comment

In my opinion the "hybrid" bike is - compared to most "restored" Singles I seen - very close to a genuine 1926/27 B Single with a 30.50 motor. The 1932-34 Singles had a specific frame with shorter and fatter VL/RL type gastanks.
          The cast sprocket cover on the right side of the transmission has the slotted screws that were used only 1926 as well as the rigid kickstarter with no bicycle pedal. Also horn brackets are 26/27 type as front hub etc.
          Ecxcept the larger cylinder the only wisible major "hybrid" part is the 1931-32 primary cover.
          We have here six 1926-30 Singles under work on an "assembly line", so these pieces are quite familiar.
          One of the things that we are uncertain of is whether the 1930 Single coil had a nut fastening the spark cable like the later square shaped coils, or not, like the earlier Singles and JD:s. The 1929 DL had nuts on the one-year JD shaped framemounted coil.
          Does your assumeably 1932 ignition coil have those nuts?
          Fiskis

Comment

Hello Fiskis, have too here two HD C (500cc) in restoring line. One magneto model from 1930 (CM) and one from 1933. Do you have somebody in Europe reproducing parts for these singles..?? Maybe we can share tips, manual and suppliers adresses. Greetings from sunny Argentina, Daniel.

Comment

Hola Daniel,
              That 1933 is very rare as you know. I have a picture somewhere of a 32 or 34 from Holland. I will probably have a few extra parts to trade when we get the bikes put together. But it takes a lot of time, so I have no idea yet when. I try to post a picture of the assembly line.
              Requedos,
              Fiskis
              Attached Files

Comment

Good, picture posting succeeded! Up front is a 1926B, second a 1928B and third a 1930 BAF. I'll search for some pics of the 500cc:s (30.50 cu.in).
                Fiskis

Comment

The fourth 21 cu.in. Single is this to be 1927 B. It is built of all the discarded pieces from the other three. The owner takes pride in repairing impossible parts or fabricating the missing ones. As you can see he is ahead of us others, although we use the best selection of parts found. His work is only slowed down because it is hard to find parts broken enough!
                  Fiskis
                  Attached Files

Comment

great bikes guys

do you guys know what to look for when trying to identify a 1926 b frame? any casting changes,? casting numbers? I have a frame I want to use for a baf model,dual exhaust head engine,but not shure if it is a 26.,Ken S.

Comment

The 1926 Single has an one-year frame. There are variations too. I have seen one frame with a big "26" casting number on transmission tray. The ones I have owned did not have that. The hole for the brake crossover shaft is shorter for 1926, and the shaft is of totally different design. The 1927 and 1928 frames are technically identical as far as I can remember. There might be some casting number differences, which I have not documented yet. The 1929 and 1930 21 cu.in. frames look identical too, and all casting numbers I have checked were identical. These frames differ from earlier ones in that they have a full cradle under the crankcase, earlier have an assymmetric half pan. To mess everything up I have a 1930 C Single/DL 45 frame that has a half pan!
                      By the way, the low production Export only BAF two-port overheadvalve Singles were made only 1928-30. Their predecessor from 1926 to 1927 was the BAE. When stamping new engine numbers on a crankcase, remember that 1926-27 H-D did not use "26" or "27" prefixes for the 21 cu.in. Singles.
                      Fiskis

Comment

singles info

the frame I have has no casting numbers,but the cradle under case only has 1 side, the motor I have is stamped b-1405,but sproket side is machined smooth,from center of crank stub go 4" out to 6" out,in a circle,the lifter retainer screws are drilled for saftey wire,it has the duel exhaust head,large valves and guides,bosch mag.,schebler gx-1 carb,Ken S.

Comment

KEN!
                          The case is from a very early flathead B generator Single. The top end with big valves is probably from some kind of racer. They did not sell tvo-port street bikes domestically.
                          The GX1 carb is also flathead, ohv:s had GX4.

iDANIEL!
                          I tried to email you through your homepage "Patagonia/patentes" pictures from the Enthusiast of 30C and 33C, if that is of any help.

Fiskis

Comment

engine parts

Fiskas,
                            I was trying to e-mail you copies of photos of prototype parts to see if you have ever seen anything like these,but cant,I know about my engine case being from flathead engine,but I know where they came from,these are definatly h-d racer parts.,how can I send photos to you,Ken S.

Comment

Yeah, this site does not want to give email addresses.
                              Try this:
                              fiskis( )kolumbus (dåt) fi

and substitute the with @. Just to make it harder for junkmail scanners. dåt is . of course! (pronounced in Swedish)

Fiskis

Comment

Working...
                              X