Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris..
    Stay with it and "Git 'er done"!!!

Where are those pics you were referring to (show off your bobber)? Here's one of mine.
    mike
    Attached Files

Comment

Right on Mike. Stick a rear fender and a lic. plate and she's good to go.

I rigged up a 20 dollar bicycle speedo for my 45. It's on the road. That's the bottom line for me. Heck once it is on the road you'll find lots of things that need attention. So being clean and correct is not an issue as you'll still be working on it.

Comment

Sweet ride........... Maybe a dash cover would be in order too??? But, like Admin-Guy said that can all be sorted out......

Comment

c.o.
          Its mostly a pile-o-parts that came from here and there and everywhere over the years, but it starts on the first or second kick and goes like crazy!!! (34 tooth engine sprocket and a Linkert M51)

Ohiorider would be proud, if my wife had turned a few degrees when she took that picture you could see the "proving grounds", about 20 acres of hay field behind my shop where I can find out how fast it will go in a circle, on the dirt.

Adminguy... You can't see it under the solo seat but there is an Arkansas license tag zip-tied to the T-bar between the saddle lamps. The parts book calls them saddle lamps, I call them "Butt Lights". Its licensed, insured, and gets on the highway now and then. I have a rear fender that got whacked off at the hinge years ago, I'm still looking for a deal on a Sparto taillight to mount to it and I'll be all set.

motorhead mike

Comment

Bobber

Schmittn, Nice bike,looks almost like mine. I,m still missing dash and that stuff but it runs. Those Bobber pics are in Parking lot Chatter I think. Somewhere around June of 06 Show Off your Bobber,just go into the history and tell the machine to give you the threads from the beginning. I,ll try to post Ohio Rider a pic of mine so you can compare. Chris

Comment

Mike.. Your my kind of guy. If it runs, race it. The way I see it, now there is you, me, Chris, and chiefrider. That makes enough for a good race. We got to be carefull of Chris though, cause he's got a brand new strong engine. I think we can get him to spot us a couple hundred yards though.

Comment

the trick to winning a 4 bike race (methinks)is when you are all in turn 3(far from the crowd and officials)is to give everyone in reach a good swift kick .last year at our local waterin hole me and my bud were drag racin across the back lawn .you woul;dve swore we were out for blood and hated each other .everyone thought we were nuts for "abusing a museum piece"the way we were. after we were done i was fartin around on my chief ,and i forgot that the bottom of the kickstand was missin(typical)so i put it on the stand ,and of course it fell over shorly after .you wouldve swore someone was havin a stroke on the lawn !they all came a runnin to tell me my bike was tipped over and they were astounded when i didnt go into a frenzy to stand it up .i knew i was leavin soon and figured the carb should be good and primed.it was, almost broke my knee on the 1st kick.

Comment

What are you saying there cheifrider? The guy with the longest legs is the winner? I'll need to be sure I'm well ahead of you before the 3rd turn if that is the case.

We'll have to wait for Chris to finish his break-in on that new engine. I'm depending on my superior riding skills to win this thing. LOL -Steve

Comment

rACE

Steve, No fair! Looks like I'm on the short end of the stick! For sure you and Chief have longer than 26" inseams. Heck, 45 solo's are the shortest bike the company ever made. Then they went and stuck that god awful wide seat on a 6" pogo on it. Whats up with that? Hope we can get together for a Tall one and short run! Almost there but I'm sure I have a float problem and will be getting one of those good ones. Bike runs great in an upright position but put it on the jiffy stand and it changes. After many float adjustments I'm sure its the float or just maby the seat. For now at least I'm on the road. Chris

Comment

This sounds like the makin's of a great race....... Go with one of Cotten's floats for sure Chris. I've got on in my 45 now and it runs sweet.........

Comment

Running

CO, It,s a given when I say "one of the good ones". Haven't been in the game long,but quick to learn! When it comes to floats,manifold seals and general info on carbs and the problems that go with them one name really stands out. Cotten! Haven;'t met him ,haven't spoken to him yet. Just do a lot of looking back at our threads and what folks say. Bottom line always seems to be "try your best" then go to Cotten. Chris

Comment

gonna have to get some dough to cotten..........and see if he can sobotage your new float chris.allthoughi just installed one and it appears to be bulletproof............

Comment

Hey everyone..... Got a couple of photos last night from Chris of his 45 that we've been talking about. It is similiar to cheifriders. They are both great looking machines.

Here a photo of it's powerplant.

Looks like I may be in for some stiff competion. Chris, I think we may need to chop cheifriders legs off at the knees to make it a fair race.

Comment

Working...
                            X