• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George, bobber build sheet
    stock frame (3 tab )
    74''front end springer
    star hub 16 '' wheels as to run 74 '' brakes in front
    servi car right hand shift tanks (3 speed )
    45 '' motor .030 over rebuilt By Frank Andres Clone Cycle
    (This is the last motor Frank built , He is dying if cancer , please pray for Frank , His Family and Friends )
    open primary, belt drive
    daisey cutter exhaust
    the machine shall be powder coated orange , with black highlights .
    I am trying to give it some modern chopper features , however its still an old school bobber !
    Yes , No fenders

Comment

Well guys.... I've had all summer to ride my new 45 and I have to admit that for a bike I originally didn't care to ride, it has turned out to be my bike of choice this summer.

I believe these machines enjoy being ridden as much as we enjoy riding them. Talk about a dependable machine. Wow! I've given this bike every reason in the world to give me trouble and it hasn't complained a bit. It's very clear as to why the military used these machines for years.

Its as much fun riding it around a corn field as it is running down the road. it reminds me of a dirt bike but without the power. I was doing some big talking earlier about looking for another guy with a 45, so we could race and I could find out how this bike stood up. Well I finally got that chance a few weeks ago. I had taken it down to the local watering hole and a fellow came in wanting to know who was riding the flathead out front. This young man had himself a 1942WLA that looked like it was being held together with coat hangers.

Ok... I admit it. He beat me from a dead stop as well as from a second gear roll off. I guess I've got some work to do this winter. I hate it when I get beat buy younger guys. -Steve

Comment

Steve , Perhaps You should see what type of coat hangers He is using !!
        Yes its hard to mess up a 45'' motor , I purchased a servi car that ran great with , valves never closing , timing off ,burnt points, the list goes on and on .
        the biggest thing was the motor smoked like a train , after adjusting everything ,and running marvel mystery oil in the gas its like a new machine .
        look for the silver servi at Jefferson !!!!!! Jim p

Comment

Great Story !!!!!!!!!!!! Loved it !!!!!! Paps

Comment

Paps , one of the MAJOR upgrades, is a Cotton Float !
            I love My knuckles and pans , However ''Give Me a 45 "",
            My 12 year old Son can start His servi car and ride it around our property for hours on a gallon of gas , what a cheep baby sitter !
            J P

Comment

hey steve,heard ya lost to a lad .....................did you ever loose that 2 or 3 pounds you were talking about ?that may be the trick

Comment

Nope never lost any of the weight I planned on this summer. It would not have made much of a differance anyway. That young man beat me by 3 to 4 bike lenghts in a country 1/4 mile when we did a 2nd gear roll off. I did fair a little better when we went from a dead stop. Same results though. He got to drink for free that evening.

Hey Paps... Keep an eye open for him down in your neck of the woods. He said he lives in Volaint. His first name is Mike. I've already forgotten his last name. You can't miss him. He's riding a tacky black primer 45. Most of his electrical wiring is missing its shielding and his spark plugs are missing the ceramic insulators. He has used a junk yard marker to put "The Little Black Bug" on the sides of both of his tanks. Its one of those bikes that is so damn ugly that its cute.

Like I said, I've got alot of work to do this winter, but I'll get him next year, mark my words. There I go talking that big talk again. -Steve

Comment

Racing

Hey Steve, Glad you finally got that race in! Been enjoying the dickens out of mine since she hit the road. Lots of fun and really keeps you on your toes. Heaven forbid a pot hole on a curve. Went to a 33t sprocket and love it. Lots less vibration at 60 but lost a little pulling power for those 2nd gear rolloffs. Top end is too much to be safe on our rough roads. Chris

Comment

Yeah Chris, I finally got that race I'd been after. I was looking thru some of the photos from one of the local bike nights in the area last night on the web and low and behold if I didn't see a photo of that 45 that whooped me. Check this one out. Believe me it is alot quicker than it looks.

Comment

Bugs

Hey sitting in the lot with all those new bikes it looks right pretty to me. Talk about a bike with character! Sure can't wait to get some age and grime on mine. Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X