As a finish line to this forum discussion and more discussions with experienced people in Sweden, I concluded that overboring was the best solution. A 0.090" overbore got both U cylinders in good shape.
Overboring vs sleeving (on HD U/UL/UH/ULH)
Collapse
X
-
Hey Cotten: you were kind enough to send me some a while back. I used all of it making tips for gas shut-off rods. I could use some more if you're so inclined. Obviously the pieces have to be solid and at least 3/8" OD. shoot me a private message to arrange payment and delivery......Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
I'd bet, Chuck,
PEEK would be lighter, and gentler on the cylinder walls.
If anybody wants some, let me know, I have plenty of scraps!
PEEKscrap.jpg
Although I suggest that stress plates are critical for bores .060"-over and larger (~.153 mm),
A boregauge will show that sleeved cylinders will benefit even at stock bore.
The extended spigots of U models distort dramatically from fastener stress, allowing sleeves to behave like a springy cylinder inside of another springy cylinder.
The bore can only be made round while stressed to assembled torque. It will go squirrely when the plate is removed, but return to round when installed to the same torque.
.....Cotten
Comment
-
Its all fatter than that, Omar!
This forum's messaging format loses everything I type, so please feel free to email me direct at Liberty@npoint.net as always; Let me know how many inches you want... Its all two bits a gram, which was half of MSC price last I looked.
Thanks,
....Cotten
PS: Folks, I am still looking for somebody to liquidate everything, including two '49s, two '65s, two hacks, all of my inventory, new and used, etc.
PPS: I also have 13-fin front cylinder at ~3.345" bore if anybody needs it...Last edited by T. Cotten; Today, 08:33 AM.AMCA #776
Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!
Comment
Comment