over sized clutch hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over sized clutch hub

Went to install my new clutch hub on my 45 today and found the roller bearings to be to tight with the new hub. I still have the old cage with ball bearings but im now running a belt drive and wanted to use rollers. They slide in but are hard to get in there and the hub is dragging a bit. I ran the bike around the block twice but the hub is getting warm so the bearings will have to go. Is there anyone selling a smaller roller bearing or is it better to get the hub turned down? Of coarse this hub was a EBAY special. I guess thats what you get for going for a deal instead of stock.

I would check and make sure of your bearing size before honing the race out. i know they made oversize bearings and if they came with the hub you might not know what you got. measure your roller and see what size they are first. the way we used to fit them was to start putting it together with the next size until it would not go in easily then the the correct bearing would be 2 sizes smaller. if the bearings are standard size then lap(hone) the hub to the correct size. i also would stick with the rollers

Comment

We ran into this alot when I operated a shop. Measure the hub and bearings a tell the guy at the auto machine shop to size the race in the shell for a couple thou of clearance, you will end up with a nice fit.

Comment

Working...
      X