Manifold Insulator Spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manifold Insulator Spacer

Do you guys put the "Insulator Spacer" between your linkert carb and manifold or just the gasket?

Hey Chris I see you got a Linkert on your 45. Did you use the spacer? BTW. Looks like you got a good start going there. -Steve

I may be mistaken but if memory serves me right, I think the spacer was only used on the Big Twins, I don't think they used it on the 45's. Now I'm going to duck in case I am wrong, I'm sure I'll hear about it!!

Comment

I have never seen an insulator spacer or 45's, only the military issue cast spacer that I believe was for clearance on the oil bath air cleaners and also on the WLD which had big fin cylinders, not for heat insulation. The big twin spacer is phenolic material and was for prevention of vapor lock issues. I am also not aware of any service bulletins related to 45 spacer/gasket applications. Anyone know more about this as I am curious too?Robbie

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys. I saw the spacer listed in the V-Twin book for Linkert rebuild parts and wasn't sure. I won't bother buying one now. Thanks-Steve

Comment

Spacer

Steve, The carb came off a basket case 45 (the pile of junk on my floor) and had the spacer. It's a m-88 and it was obvious the eng. was cobbled together. Never could find any reference to it in the parts etc. so I left it off. Yesterday at our local chapter meeting on of the guys had a 42 WLA with same carb and no spacer. Don't laugh but since I had NEVER heard a 45 run I had him start it up. Ran really nice and I got more pics of the riddle. Chris Hey thanks for the credit on my creation.

Comment

Working...
          X