Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 ULH oil feed and scavenger pump questions

Good morning.
    I have dismantled these pumps and found that the idler in the scavenger pump looks like it may have been seized at one time as there are gear marks in the pump body. Do you think this pump will still scavenge the oil with this wear. The gear still has nice clearance. The marks are only 0.001'' or 0.002'' deep. Should I track down another body or will this body still work? There are no horizontal scores just the vertical gear marks. Picture attached.
    As for the feed pump I was digging through the service manual and there is nothing about the rotor clearance to the pump body. There is ~0.035'' clearance on the right side of the rotor as seen in the picture. I am sure when it is indexed into the cam gear it should center within the pump but am not sure. Picture attached. I hate to buy aftermarket pumps as nearly all the parts I've bought for this rebuild have been of poor quality. and last question is this 1941-48 feed pump compatible with the 1940 engine. I see the 1940 and earlier engines only have 2 valves rather than 3
    Thanks
    Pete::::::::::;;;;;
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete Engelman; 07-08-2024, 07:50 PM.
Working...
X