Corbin speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin speedometer

I am on the hunt for a Corbin speedometer for my 1935 VLD I am looking at a Corbin speedometer with the Indian logo on it. It is a 100-mph unit it is 3 inches across and 2 3/4 " deep I would like to know if the face is interchangeable and is this the correct unit for my bike. will appreciate any input. Thank . Tom IMG_20240606_065312579_HDR.jpg
    Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.

Buy it anyway if it is reasonable and you can probably swap it for the correct one as I'll bet the Indian script one is rarer.

Comment

I believe the faces can be swapped out.
      Looks like the Indian face would be hard to remove as it appears the max speed hand is soldered on to replace the missing main needle.
      Then even if you do un solder ,the max needle is part of the face with the coil spring and ratchet on the backside ,which is most likely also damaged.
      So the speedo mechanism and the face both need repair.
      I would probably talk to one of the expert repair guys and get an idea of repair costs.
      Tom

Comment

Thanks, Tom sound advice I hadn't noticed the repair job. I appreciate the input

Comment

Consider contacting:

Terry Marsh.jpg

Comment

If your anywhere near Dixon, CA, the weekend after this one drop on in to our National meet because Terry's always there to talk to.
            DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscum61 View Post
              Thanks, Tom sound advice I hadn't noticed the repair job. I appreciate the input
              I am more familiar with Indian but believe the HD version is basically the same.
              The Indian 0-100 was1932-35 and offered with or without max speed hand ,Lighted or unlighted and police.
              So a lit body needed the lit face and max hand need max hand body.
              Again not as sure about HD.
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X