leaking oil pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking oil pump

After starting the engine, I found an oil leak in the oil pump. It seems to be leaking from under the metal cap. Is it easy to seal it?
    I'm asking because I don't know whether to disassemble the pump or do a few test runs and fix it later.

IMG_2814.jpeg

Dear Jarek, this is not uncommon. The cap is just a push fit, so I would seal it now and come back to it later. You have a steel camshaft running in an alloy body so any wear will give a small leak from the end of the shaft.

Comment

Thanks Steve. It's not a big leak, but I prefer it not to leak from places where it doesn't have to. Anyway, tomorrow, when the weather is good, I'll do the first test drive.
      I will definitely tell you about it

Comment

Jarek, I'm interested to hear about your test drive. My first right on my VL was exciting as I had to remember the left hand lever is not the clutch release. On subsequent rides I had to remember that if the clutch is engaged in first gear the machine will travel quite a distance before finally deciding to stall, even without the introduction of more petrol into the carburetor.

- Loch

Comment

Working...
        X