Acquiring a title from Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acquiring a title from Saints

Wanted to know if anyone has used Saints title service out of Tennessee and what your experience was. Will appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Tom

I got 3 titles from Saints. First class operation, and quick service. All 3 bikes went through the Florida DMV without a hitch. All of my motor #s were good and not tampered with and you can expect that Saints, and the Tennessee DMV know what they are looking at (and for). You have to provide a well lit, and focused picture of your numbers in addition to the paperwork.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thank you for the reply I really appreciate it.

Comment

I know of similar experiences as exeric,in NJ,where the transfer from saints to new owner went smooth.
        I would suggest that you declare a somewhat believable sale price number and pay the taxes,
        Saying you paid 100 bucks may be a red flag.
        Tom

Comment

In Illinois, Folks,..

An attempt to use an out of state title-mill can result in allegations of mail fraud, and the vehicle prohibited from titling forever.

Saints must do something special?

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Sounds like good advice. I don't remember Arizona asking for a value since a bill of sale is invalid in the state but if they do, I will definitely keep that in mind I have done other bikes from out of state and as long as you have a title sing over its all you need and your good to go.

Comment

I've heard that many States are making it easier to get titles for old cars, and bikes. Speculation is, there is a lot of money to be made by States for doing (just about) nothing by issuing titles, and registrations for vehicles that don't get used much and have been out of the system for many years. And, don't forget how much power insurance companies wield over government when it comes to easy money. I went through the Florida title maze on an early JD, and '33 VL. That process will wear out shoe leather, car tires, free time, and patience but, like a pay toilet, there is a reward for the effort. I would not hesitate to use Saints again, but check with your State's DMV.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscum61 View Post
                Sounds like good advice. I don't remember Arizona asking for a value since a bill of sale is invalid in the state but if they do, I will definitely keep that in mind I have done other bikes from out of state and as long as you have a title sing over its all you need and your good to go.
                I believe you are selling your bike to them with their provided bill of sale form that you must get notorized.Then they send you a Tennessee title in their name that you transfer at your DMV,Dmv then collects tax on the sale ,if your state has sales tax and titles for antique vehicles.
                Tom

Comment

You're selling it to them in a state that accepts bill of sale for title and then they are selling it back to you with a title to a state that only accepts titles perfectly legal. In my state my options would be a bonded title or maybe a reconstruct but the bike would a 2024 with higher registration fees all bs. Walk in with a title done deal 25$ a year registration. I believe Tom is correct and if you buy it from a dealer, you will have sales tax in your state to pay but not a private party. This is my understanding. Why must it be so complicated (Government ) Hmmm

Comment

You will be buying it from a dealer,Saints Cycle.But regardless of dealer or private ,
                    when title is transferred to you they will collect tax on the declared sale price.
                    Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom

Comment

Tennessee has a relatively new law that makes getting a title a breeze - as long as the price is under $3k OR the vehicle is more than 30 years old. You just fill out a piece of paper stating where you got it, what it's worth, and why there is no title. It is wonderful! Joe

Comment

Thanks Joe I went with Saints I am in the process now I will keep post how this goes for others in the same boat. Tom

Comment

Saints is ok. I've recently seen posters on another forum saying that the "Vermont exception" is still working and it was just tweaked in an attempt to weed out organized crime and others using them as a system to title stolen vehicles. If it still works, it's a much cheaper alternative. Good luck.

Comment

I used Saints and it was a painless experience. Very happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X