Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harley KR tune up question...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley KR tune up question...............

I have this 1960 KR and its running the Linkert MR4 A as it should. So running the side gap cold race plugs that were used in the day for racing is not working for me as it is for display and run a little at the meets. What I am in need of is what have you found that works good for my use, likely something much hotter. The plug needs to be a 3/4 reach, this bike does NOT use the 18mm like the WR.

Speaking of WR have you found the #2 plug works better than the #3 I have the same issue with it and think I need to use a hot #2 ??
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

I have a 1960 KHRTT that I have not run for the last 42 years as I just recently "repatriated " it ! It ran well back then. I have not checked the plug number but will do that today. About the same time in the distant past I ran a 1964 KR on the street. It ran really well and the sound on the freeway at 100+ mph was glorious. I have a bunch of race plugs but don't recall using them . I'll check that. I love KR's . I am just about to fire up a 1980 Lawwill framed XR I have been rebuilding and it will be experimentation with plugs on that one as well. Here is my KHRTT. , I bought at the Zach Reynolds auction 40+ years ago IMG_1141.jpg

Comment

NGK BR8ES are what's in my KHR . That's a racing plug but I don't recall running racing plugs with that 1964 I had on the street for several years and even with the bombsite carb etc it was a very easy bike to live with if you made sure you shifted to neutral before you came to a stop light ! IMG_8722.jpeg IMG_8723.jpeg IMG_8724.jpeg

Comment

Thanks for the information on what you are running for a plug. I looked in my drawer of spark plugs and darn if I did not find a slightly used set up NGK B7ES and a pair of new NGK B6ES. So I tried the 6 and started it up on first kick, ran it for a few minutes. Made a few carb adjustments and what a difference running!! I pulled out the plugs and they look great. I will try the 7 and see how they work later. This bike is just for meets and a around the block.

As for the WR, Running 18mm type I went from a #3 to a #2 and it also started up quick and no black on the plugs now. Wil watch the plugs close so not to get too hot and burn something.
        #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Working...
        X