help with linkage hookup on 1935 VLOil Pump cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with linkage hookup on 1935 VLOil Pump cable

I have a few questions on how to properly hook the throttle cable up to the oil pump lever.
    I have the two-piece bolt sitting on the pump on the left side above where the cable runs through for you to view in the photo attached.
    Am I missing something because when I run the cable through the slot on the pump lever and install the round two-piece bolt, it isn't held in place very well as it can slide out from around the bolt? Also, the bolt has play from top to bottom. The slot on the pump lever is also very tight to get the throttle wire in.
    Also, should the travel of the throttle allow the pump lever to go all the way to the right to make it wide open where it stops and all the way to the left where it also stops the flow of oil?
    If anyone could send me a photo of your pump cable installation, it would be much appreciated.
    Thank you for your help as always. I am almost complete with my restoration and I couldn't have got it done without all of your assistance. You have been very kind.
    Attached Files

the bolt assembly goes through the pump arm hole, then the control wire feeds into the bolt assembly below the slot, not through it.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.
      My bolt doesn't have any hole to thread the wire through.

Comment

Here are a couple close up photos of my bolt
        Thank you
        Attached Files

Comment

You are awesome. I looked very close and did find the small hole as it was covered with grease.
          thank you very much!!

Comment

On the oil pump lever does it have to touch the stop on the right side and how far to the left does it have to go to shut the flow?
            thank you

Comment

You're welcome
              Attached Files

Comment

My VL book and the Owners Handbook tell you how to set it up. The oil pump should be very nearly full open with the throttle wide open, then the closed position looks after itself.

Comment

Thank you. I will go back to the book as I may have missed that.

Comment

Working...
                  X