Linkert Mod M carb rebuild question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkert Mod M carb rebuild question

I am rebuilding and cleaning my carb and ran into a problem.
    The only thing I can't remove is the Venturi tube. I have soaked it in solvent etc. and tried tapping on it but nothing is moving and I don't want to wreck it.
    Is it important to remove this or can I leave it in as long as I have cleaned every other area in and the carb? With it being so tight, I can't see how anything that gets between it would have any effect on how the carb works?
    What do you guys think?
    Thank you.

It should be cleaned. If you look at how they are made you will see that debris can get in and restrict them. Do a search and you'll find lots of info on removing them. An old throttle cable makes a good tool for a puller.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat View Post
      I am rebuilding and cleaning my carb and ran into a problem.
      The only thing I can't remove is the Venturi tube. I have soaked it in solvent etc. and tried tapping on it but nothing is moving and I don't want to wreck it.
      Is it important to remove this or can I leave it in as long as I have cleaned every other area in and the carb? With it being so tight, I can't see how anything that gets between it would have any effect on how the carb works?
      What do you guys think?
      Thank you.
      Sorry, Wildcat,...

With the carb and manifold assembly, any stone unturned hides something that will bite you.

Assuming the main nozzle came out, usually nothing else but time and crud retains them (unless this is an M53? I guess I better ask what model we are dealing with.)

When they are really stuck (like many Scheblers), a heat lamp is a safe way to apply heat..
      CHEMSOAK.jpg

Your drift should match the carb bore closely, and it is always best to push to the mouth of the carb; I got all the really sick puppies, and they really made a bang in the press when they came loose .

...Cotten
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-07-2024, 07:58 PM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

It is a 1 1/4 Mod M Linkert
        Thanks for the great advice. I really appreciate it.

Comment

I use hot air gun on all linkert disassembly.The little plugs & other parts are removed much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
            I use hot air gun on all linkert disassembly.The little plugs & other parts are removed much easier.
            Oxy-acetylene makes gallery plugs safely 'fall out', Duffey!

HENROB.jpg

But then I had to work on real fossils,...

brnbrgt.jpg

And somehow made a living.

Back to venturi removal, Folks,.. If you haven't fixed a Schebler, you aint' seen nuthin yet.

FRYDVENT.jpg
            ledpestv.jpg
            Leadpested.jpg

....Cotten
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-08-2024, 10:46 AM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
            X