Harley Davidson WL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Davidson WL

Dear colleagues, first of all, a happy new year to all of you!
    I have a question regarding how to install an Ammeter; I know this topic was discussed already but my case is a bit of atopic because I would like to fit an Ammeter (picture) to my Harley Davidson WLC (civilized version); therefore all wiring information I saw around where an ammeter is displayed, belongs to a military motorcycle.
    Can you help me and indicate where should be these 2 Ammeter wires connected? I guess one on the positive pole of the battery and the other on the ground?
    please help me to figure this out without putting my motorcycle in risk of fire,
    Thank you,
    Ed
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

I believe one goes to the battery + through the ignition switch and the other to the generator. If you have the polarity switched it’ll show negative charge rather than positive when charging. Any wiring diagram even if not specific to your exact bike should show where the wires go. I’m not an expert so hopefully another member will confirm this.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply and comments..I believe the tips you provided are accurate.

Comment

Working...
      X