HD 45 WL Flatheads for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD 45 WL Flatheads for Sale

Is there a good, single source for buying a 45 flathead besides going through random ads and the internet?
    I have seen visually good looking ones for 3k and rough and rusty for 8k! Really a wide range for such a reliable bike.
    Most of the descriptions say these are very reliable bikes. One problem is primary case leakage due to high mounted oil compartment next to the gas tank.
    One source also said these were made from 1937-1952? I still need to get Hatfield's book on these.
    The photos below are of the one I saw for $8,900.00 in Illinois.

-JR
    1948 HD 45 Flathead 1.jpg 1948 HD Flathead 2.jpg

JR

Just a suggestion, but on the facebook there are at least 3 private groups one might explore:

Harley 45, WL-Series, WLDR and WR Racers, DL and RL Model 1929-73 Flatheads

Harley Davidson 45s

Harley Davidson WLA. WLC 45 Ci. Tools - U.S.A. Antiques

Hopefully someone on this site will have a better idea.

I had a "meter-maid:" trike once 1970 circa. The pedals had been modified as the previous owner was . . ."vertically challenged" (Think Snow White and the 7)
    That thing was a blast!

All the Best.

Comment

Talk to" Resurrection Cycle Works", they usually have a bike or two for sale.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I have not seen anything worth buying for under $10k, not sure what you saw for $3k, motors are starting to cost more than that, good luck.

Comment

They made 45" solo from 1929 to 1952.Unless pretty complete,1940 & earlier can be tough to find parts for.All are fun to ride & easy to start.

Comment

Working...
          X