45 Oversized Intake Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 Oversized Intake Valve

Where can I get a nitrided 1 13/16" intake valve for my 45?

Kickstart Motorcycle Parts offers a 3/16 OS valve, not USA made, but I haven't had any trouble when I had to use them. Not sure about performance application. Rowe USA has an 1/8 OS #753-03, forged, shot peened, black melonite, high quality. Not quite big enough?

Comment

I did see that valve listed in the KS book, but was holding out for a nitride type. Cotten directed me to Kibblewhite, but they don't offer my size either. My motor was rebuilt with 1 13/16" intakes.

Any opinions on valve guide material selection? So far I've seen chilled steel, cast iron, and ampco 45. I like the cast iron just because it seems like it should grow and shrink at the same rate as the cylinder.

This motor has an M88 with adjustable high speed needle, +.040 pistons, #6 heads, and WR pipes.

Durability at highway speeds is the major concern for this project.

Comment

Rex -

Manley will make you any sized valve that you want. I had them make some oversized H-D 45" valves for me. I sent them a NOS sample valve, along with the head specifications that I wanted. They were perfect for the application, and the price was very reasonable. Other valve manufacturers will do the same, I'm sure.

Jack

Comment

KickStart #3420 3/16 o/s intake. Doesn't state whether they are nitrided or not. When I purchased them from another source, they were. If you call Chuck he will let you know.

Comment

Working...
          X