gas / oil tanks for 45 WL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas / oil tanks for 45 WL

Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket gas / fuel tanks and other sheet metal for a 1952 WL solo? I've looked at 45 Restoration and other similar sites, but am curious about fit and function.

Since this is for an occasional rider, I'm not trying to make it period correct, but I want parts that are not junk and fit properly.

thanks,
    Paul

Even OEM tanks can take a little fitting time.If anyone says they are great,your experience may be different.Report back how it goes.

Comment

I had tanks and fenders, older reproduction on my bike when I bought her in 2015. Tanks worked just fine, zero issues, even taking them on and off a couple of times. The fit to the frame was just fine.

Available for sale if you want to do a bundle deal, drop me a PM. All four pieces painted a very nice red color, more than presentable for a rider.

Comment

Hi Paul,

Echoing Duffey's point - be sure to do mockups with all your new-aftermarket/NOS or used tin. You should decide whether or not you want period correct fuel valve. If you decide on period correct, new tanks, the valve holes will need to be aligned - preferably before paint. This should be part of your mock up, complete with fuel valve installation to test that it functions correctly. There are aftermarket conversions for the old style valve. I don't have any personal experience with these. You might also be able to find tanks that use a standard petcock instead of the old style rod valve.

Good luck!

-Loch

Comment

Working...
        X