35vld lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35vld lights

I have no headlight or tail light. Battery is good fuses good switch should be working. Broke down with the carburetor issue and since no lights. What do you think’s wrong?

I'm certain something's amiss with the carb, Ace!

But I'd still start by wiggling the ground wires...

....Cotten
    PS: Then I would check the bulb elements; If they are both burnt, you've got one more problem than the carb.

Never does only one thing go wrong at a time.
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-25-2022, 02:42 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

1935 is the first year for the white ammeter, which is upside down compared to the bar and shield type and has the ground connection on the other side (the right). The later handbook wiring diagram is then incorrect. A Shop Dope advises connecting a separate ground wire from the ammeter to the top left frame clip for the control coil, as well as grounding through the forks. Headlight problems were reported in 1935, perhaps from this grounding change with the new ammeter.

Comment

Took the headlight apart and found the bulb just lying there. Must’ve vibrated out of the socket. Would have never thought it would’ve vibrated out. The rear bulb was bad

Comment

Originally posted by Hdace View Post
          Took the headlight apart and found the bulb just lying there. Must’ve vibrated out of the socket. Would have never thought it would’ve vibrated out. The rear bulb was bad
          Are you sure the bayonet pins match the socket, Ace?

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotton. Only 2 of 3
            match up. WT …

Comment

Car bulb not motorcycle.
              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

HDAce, If you look back through your previous posts, you will find that on 8/31/21 I provided to you the exact part #s and ordering info for both the front and rear Halogen bulb conversion (6v) that have worked flawlessly for me for quite a few years now. ......Smitty

Comment

Smitty I did buy the bulbs you suggested but must have made a mistake cause the front bulb only had 2 of the holes line up. It vibrated loose. I didn’t realize it had come loose and posted about light trouble. I’m sorry it was my mistake that I didn’t take the headlight apart to look and see that the bulb fell out of the socket. Regarding the rear bulb it burnt out and I replaced it with another bulb as you suggested previously. Thank you for your time and forgive me that I didn’t first research previous posts. Been going through a lot lately and forgot about our previous conversations here. I want everyone to know that I very much so appreciate their input.
                  Last edited by Hdace; 08-30-2022, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X