No announcement yet.

Date coded parts and when they would be used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I mistyped, it was a "d" 1946 trans, but I won't get that one. I guess I will search for a very late 45 dated trans or very early 46 trans. I REALLY appreciate the detailed response, I feel very confident in what to look for. I can't think of any questions for follow-up at the moment but I might come back to this in the near future. Thanks y'all!!!

Comment

My "pretty" correct 1946 WL. I have been working on this bike since purchase in 2014, lots of mechanical issues and lots of reproduction parts when I found her. I would consider her 75-80% factory. I have a really nice set of OEM bars, but killer to ride the bike, too low. I find the reproduction Flanders bars very comfortable. Setup with HD top clamp and original Flanders 4.5 risers. Muffler as shown is gone, motor absolutely hated the back pressure. I run a WR reproduction straight pipe, sounds great and the motor prefers that. She is converted to 12V but I did my best to hide that fact. Looking at this picture the seat jumps out at me as repop, the rest looks pretty good. Front fender is real but has a slight "bob" on the front, I got the fender tip to make it look a little better.

She will be taking me on The Chase this September, which I intend to make a true cross country event by leaving from Long Island and riding to the start in Springfield Illinois then to California.

Good luck with your build, 45's are a lot of fun.

Lake IMG_3461.jpg

Comment

Nice! Did you do anything motorwise that would make a stock muffler not be a good choice? What tires are those, I'm torn between a couple differant options, was gonna get deluxe champions but didn't know if I wanted 4 or 4.5x18s

Comment

Coker reproduction Firestone tires, 16 in the back and 18 in the front. 18 in the front rides nice and gives her more of a bobber look. I have a 16, it goes on sometimes, but I like this look.

Yes the motor was built up last spring, not stock anymore. That said I am sure it could be tuned to be OK with the muffler, but when your WIFE tells you the bike sounds funny, time to lose the muffler. Plus my neighbors prefer to know when I am out riding, wins all around.

Comment

Coker 14x18 or 14.5x18?

Comment

Sorry that took so long, 4.50 x 18 on my bike.

Comment

Working...
              X