1937 ul front fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 ul front fender

I am having a hard time installing and removing a new repop front fender on my 37 UL the fender seems to be about 3/4"to wide. The sides of the fender are getting damaged each time i remove the fender. Any suggestions of what i am doing wrong

Good chance you're not doing anything wrong. I got a repro springer front fender from V-Twin. and it was terrible! It was twisted and wouldn't line up on the tire, the fork mounting holes were not in the right place , the braces wouldn't line up with the rocker studs. After many hours of fighting this fender I got it mounted. Never got it perfect but it's on. Several years ago Replicant was selling repro front fenders that looked very good and I heard they fit well. I belive they were made in Poland. Not sure if he still offers them . They were a bit pricey, about $700.00 but good originals are hard to come by. Good luck.
    Dave

Comment

I used a repop front fender on a 47 U which had the same problem, I'd say it was about a quarter to a half inch too wide from memory. I laid two boards across it and squeezed it in a press until it fit between the fork legs.

Comment

Do you have the fork rockers off for the installation?
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

No i did not remove the fork rockers looks like that will give me another 1/2 " also looking at it a little closer the rear of the fender is a little narrower than the front of the fender . I have a couple large clamps trying to squeeze the fender narrower right now the center of the fender is wider than the space between the forks

Comment

Working...
          X