bearing cages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearing cages

Seem to have a hard time finding rear brake hub bearing cages. Is there a cross over part # for 3922-30 any help appreciated!

Nothing else fits directly.
    The Linkert Book

Comment

I used to make them but now all sold out. You'll need to hunt the swap meets or try traditional suppliers or fit the Timken bearing conversions.

Comment

Since the speed is so low (compared to shafts), has anyone tried "crowding" the rollers, like a Torrington?
        Use double row of .250" X .270"
        Last edited by kitabel; 12-15-2021, 08:57 AM.
        The Linkert Book

Comment

[QUOTE=Steve Slocombe;n293816]I used to make them but now all sold out. You'll need to hunt the swap meets or try traditional suppliers or fit the Timken bearing conversions.[/QUOTE

I made one bearing cage for an early Indian. I swore, never again. My equipment is not precise enough to do that job with any enjoyment, or expedience but anything can be done if you need one bad enough. In this day of computer guided miracle machines I can see how bearing cages can be made super accurate, cost effectively, and in quantity, but how in the hell did they make make them by the ka-gillions back in the cave man times?
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Assuming you're talking VL some of the Cannonballers are doing this. 2 x RBC Needle Roller Bearings (SJ7214) with a ~0.096” wide machined spacer in between to give you the same overall width (2.096") as the OEM setup. And for the front, 1 x RBC Needle Roller Bearing (SJ7194) with a ~0.192” wide spacer, or 2 x 0.096" spacers if you want to keep the bearing central.

Needle Roller Bearings.jpg

Comment

Thanks, Peter, for the option, I will probably go this way. Unless some magically appear. (The Holy Grail of VL parts} Thanks to all for your input.

Comment

shop dope 242A 2.jpgshop dope 242A.jpg
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                X