Vibration - ‘35 VLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration - ‘35 VLD

So the other day when I went for my 60 mile ride I had a lot of vibration through the handlebars. The bike was stable and nothing crazy was happening as I rode it but there was this low level vibration through the handlebars that after about 15 minutes on the highway at 60 miles an hour my hands were getting tired and got a work out from the vibration. I assume this is not normal but not sure what might be wrong. What do you think? I’m guessing it could be wheel balance or ?? Thanks.

I suggest you buy a modern Honda. If you are worried about vibration you have no business on vintage V-Twins.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Good suggestion. NOT! So ur saying it normal. That’s what I was assking.

Comment

BTW. I’m a Harley and Suzuki man but I do like the F6B.

Comment

With the clutch in?
          In any gear at the same RPM?
          More info
          The Linkert Book

Comment

Hi kitabel. In 3rd at highway speed. Thank you.

Comment

Check the engine mounts are flush with the frame, and shim engine cases and tighten mounting bolts as necessary. I've had pogo-ing at about 40 mph on concrete roads with joins between the slabs, cured by fitting the ride control. You will also have some adjustment with the spring fork top nuts. Top helper springs didn't arrive until 1937, and the VL top springs are usually first to wear in service.

Comment

Working...
              X