Installing SPRING on seat-T seat pin 51919-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing SPRING on seat-T seat pin 51919-29

Just purchased the correct PIN & SPRING (51919-29) for fastening the seat T-frame to the seat post. I have never had one of these before in many years of owing harley 45's. After trying it multiple different ways to install the spring I have given up. My questions are as follows:
    1) Does anyone have a picture of how the spring is supposed to look when installed correctly?
    2) Does pin get installed from right side to left or vice versa?
    3) Where does the end of the spring end up when it is installed properly and latched? Does it latch back onto the frame under the seat, or does it latch forward and rest on the seat-T?

Think nothing of it I have tried for ten years to get it right. I am not sure if I can post a picture

Comment

Yeh you need a picture, which I do not have with me here. Hard to describe but the one end of the spring hooks onto the 2 pegs on one side, then the other end goes over the pin after inserted. So the pin goes in from the side with the 2 pegs, that is a start I guess. Oh and the spring goes under the T bar, not over. Maybe that is enough to explain. Once you find the spot it is obvious, but until then............

Comment

Maybe this will help.
        51920-29-DATA.jpg (810×679) (45restoration.com)

Comment

Mine's like this. I hope it's right!.

IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2499.JPG

Dale

Comment

Perfect. Thx for all the pics I will try these and see what happens. It certainly wasn't a configuration that I tried in any of my first 20 attempts.

Comment

Pin & clip are installed. Thx for the help

Comment

Working...
              X