VL Oiler Cover Dust Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL Oiler Cover Dust Plate

I'm looking for a "Oiler Cover Dust Plate" for a 35 VL.

Does anyone have one that they are willing to part with?

Is anyone reproducing these?

Is there anyone in Australia who can lend one to copy?

I believe the part number is 741-34. Looking for a few minor finishing touches.

Thanks
    VL Phill

Greetings
    I may be able to help eventualy. I belive that the top part is 741-34 and the bottom part is 724-30. I plan on having some made, I am waiting for the cad drawings from my company, then its over to the laser guy, then make a bending jig to form them. Thats why I said eventually. I only need one for the projects at hand, but others have asked for a copy, these things have a way of developing a life of their own. Cad plating is something that will need to be done, so yes, there should be some available at some time, hopefully.
    Max
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi Max,

Apologies for not replying sooner. End of year madness.

Someone was kind enough to send me a new old stock cover which I am looking to duplicate. This cover however looks nothing like the photos that you have posted.

I would be interested in feedback. The cover that I have does fit the 1935 oiler cover.

Oiler Dust Cover.jpg

Regards
      VL Phill

Comment

Originally posted by maxglass View Post
        Greetings
        I may be able to help eventualy. I belive that the top part is 741-34 and the bottom part is 724-30. I plan on having some made, I am waiting for the cad drawings from my company, then its over to the laser guy, then make a bending jig to form them. Thats why I said eventually. I only need one for the projects at hand, but others have asked for a copy, these things have a way of developing a life of their own. Cad plating is something that will need to be done, so yes, there should be some available at some time, hopefully.
        Max
        That's part 741-34A < "A"

Part 741-34 is the part Downunder is showing. the oil line from the oil tank goes through the hole in it and cover fits into the oiler cover that covers the timing chest.

VL1.JPG

Comment

Sorry, I don't know of a source as I've been out of the VL parts market for a while. Harbor Vintage and Steve Slocombe (VL Haven) used to be the go to parts sources for VL's.

Comment

Originally posted by snafalton View Post

That's part 741-34A < "A"

Part 741-34 is the part Downunder is showing. the oil line from the oil tank goes through the hole in it and cover fits into the oiler cover that covers the timing chest.

VL1.JPG

Thank you, I didnt realize the a was on the lower line. my mistake.
            Max

Comment

It was my nos item that went to Australia, so watch out for new ones coming. I still have a few of the earlier ones for the 1930-33 VLs. This is a quarter point deduction by those pesky AMCA judges, and I know how you all want to get closer to 100 points.

Comment

Steve
                apparently, this also fit's my 36 R servicar motor. Do you plan on making these available? I guess the more I look into this project, the more I find what I don't know. If you make some of these I would be interested in one or two.
                thanks
                Bob

Comment

Steve was kind enough to send me a NOS one. I have someone looking at it at the moment. You know how it is though, it takes a little time. I will talk to them again next week.

VL Phill

Comment

If there's one thing I have its patience, I'm married

Comment

Working...
                    X