No announcement yet.

1940 UA valve covers and tappet guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To confirm, the colony covers I used are cad plated.

Comment

I got the valve covers from Replicant metals, along with new tappet guides from 45 Restoration Company, and they appear to go on just fine. No work needed to thread them together. Now hopefully once the engine is back together I wont see any leaks.
      Eric Olson
      Membership #18488

Comment

Covers are now fully installed. I purchased the "rubber band" style seals from AAOK (https://aaok.com/index.php/cut-rubbe...938-vl-ul.html) thinking they would be a better choice for sealing the valve covers, but ended up using the O-Ring seals that came with the covers once we started fitting them up. The Replicant Metal covers come with a groove for the seal to go in and of course the O-Rings that came with them fit the grooves correctly. Bike is not quite ready to start yet so I can't speak to sealing, but installation went without issue.

I also wanted to note that I ordered a complete James engine gasket set that came with O-Ring style gaskets for the valve covers, but it looks like they were for a 45 not a Big Twin. The diameter was smaller and they would have really had to stretch to fit. Not sure how they would have sealed. Be aware if you order a complete gasket set for a rebuild.

51358.jpeg
        Eric Olson
        Membership #18488

Comment

Working...
        X