1949 WL Parking Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 WL Parking Lights

I am adding those little chrome bullet parking lights that will live under my solo seat.
    Anyone have a good recommendation on:

A) Where to wire it; so they will switch on & off with the tail light?
    B) Where to route the wires; so it looks clean & the seat can still flip up?

Thanks for any thoughts!
    Matt Allyn
    1932 Ford Roadster / 1949 Mercury Coupe / 1949 Harley Davidson 45 / 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible / 1957 Lincoln Premiere Convertible / 1959 Lambretta TV175 / 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Convertible / 1962 Chrysler New Yorker Station Wagon / 1962 Chrysler 300H / 1962 Chrysler 300 Sport / 1964 International Travelall / 2015 Tesla Model S

I ran a wire from the switch along the backbone of the frame to where the seat T pivots. Then under the seat T to the lights. Under the seat T I put in one of those bake light bullet connectors so I could remove the seat easily after unplugging the wire.

Comment

Mine is run as dustydog as far as the tee. Then I used a standard H-D insulated terminal like the horn bracket uses and attached the wires to it. Easy to remove the wires to remove the seat and it is stock type hardware. I wire them to the parking lamp post on the switch, so they come on with the headlights or just with the fender light as parking lamps.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
      X