1949 WL Seat Pogo Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 WL Seat Pogo Adjustment

What are the proper steps to stiffen the pogo seat?
    My 172 pounds seems to require more spring stiffness.
    I think there's an adjustment bolt at the base of the pogo stick tube??
    Thanks!
    Matt Allyn
    1932 Ford Roadster / 1949 Mercury Coupe / 1949 Harley Davidson 45 / 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible / 1957 Lincoln Premiere Convertible / 1959 Lambretta TV175 / 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Convertible / 1962 Chrysler New Yorker Station Wagon / 1962 Chrysler 300H / 1962 Chrysler 300 Sport / 1964 International Travelall / 2015 Tesla Model S

Maybe not 'proper', 1962300,..

But the traditional, quick, easy, and cheap assist is to toss an OHV outer valve spring over the post.

Otherwise you toss money at it.

....Cotten
    PS: In light of Mr. Weiland's post, I must add: "If all other things are in order,..."
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-24-2018, 05:45 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

You really should pull the seat post out of the bike and have a look see. Sometimes springs are broken, sometimes they squashed out and sometimes they are rusted. They also just might be too light of a setup for you. I just finished rebuilding a BT seat post this morning using some OEM and some Dave Croft (who is no longer in business) springs. Dave sold his business to Colony. Jerry

Originally posted by 1962300 View Post
      What are the proper steps to stiffen the pogo seat?
      My 172 pounds seems to require more spring stiffness.
      I think there's an adjustment bolt at the base of the pogo stick tube??
      Thanks!

Comment

Step by step instructions in the manual.
        AMCA #765

Comment

Waste as much time as you like adjusting, tinkering, adding springs, etc. When you get frustrated with all of that, take Jerry Weiland's advice and solve your problem. You'll be glad you did. The spring setup from Colony is the way to go.

Comment

At 225#, I did the spring swap, as provided by Colony. Straight forward and easy though messy. Seat no longer bottoms out and I am much more comfortable. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X