LS sidecar and Harley VL question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS sidecar and Harley VL question

Will the lightweight LS sidecar bolt up to a Harley VL without modification. Also, is a LS sidecar too light to use on a VL. Thanks!!

Buster,
    I believe the LS sidecar was for the 45 and I'm not sure of the differences between a VL frame and an RL but I would think an LS would bolt right up to a VL. I would be happy to take some measurements from my LT frame for comparison if it would help.

As far as an LS being too light, you can always throw some extra weight in there but I bet it would be fine.
    I don't mean to brag but; I put together a puzzle in only a week when the box clearly said "2-4 years".

Comment

I built a 32 VL for a customer and fitted the lightweight replica sidecar from Poland. It was a left hand sidecar and needed some improvisation to get fitted and aligned. But great fun to ride, and the customer was happy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
        I built a 32 VL for a customer and fitted the lightweight replica sidecar from Poland. It was a left hand sidecar and needed some improvisation to get fitted and aligned. But great fun to ride, and the customer was happy too.
        What was the nature of the improvisation? Was it due to being a left hand s/c, or being a replica, or because it was a LS (or whatever a l/h s/c designation is) instead of being an LT (or whatever a l/h s/c designation is), just curious. Frame difference between a V and an R?
        I don't mean to brag but; I put together a puzzle in only a week when the box clearly said "2-4 years".

Comment

VL frames use totally different mounts than 45 type, so fabrication and modification will be needed to adapt.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
          X