My 1932 V project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1932 V project

Here's my new project a 1932 V. The backstory on it, as told to me by the previous owner, J.R.: Its been parked since the early 1970's (the 1971 license tab sticker is in perfect condition.) The man who last rode it, owned it since the early 1930s. He lived in Paso Robles, CA and was a caretaker of the local dirt air field (back then it was called Sherwood Field, now part of Paso Robles airport) He would ride the bike to work and back to his farm. The bike has clearly seen some action! Sometime around 1973 after the bike had been parked in the chicken coop for a couple years, J.R. bought the bike and then put it in his garage where it sat for another 40+ years untouched! J.R. traveled extensively around the US building pipelines and would buy old motorcycles for fun as he came across them on farms. Recently JR decided he wanted to thin the herd so he talked to his friend Dale at Wheels Through Time. Dale and crew at WTT got the bike, hooked up a coil, sprayed the carb and sure enough the motor fired up! I recently purchased the bike and my plan now is to leave the bike much as it is with the exception of making it rideable again. I've already replaced the tires (as seen in the pic) and rebuilt the hub bearings. I'm slowly starting on other parts (I'll be posting a lot more questions soon!

side.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

Congratulations and good luck with the new project. Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
      Congratulations and good luck with the new project. Jerry
      Thanks Jerry!

Comment

Nice piece and great find!

Comment

Working...
        X