VL Repop Fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL Repop Fenders

I would like to hear from anyone who has somewhat recent experience with the repop VL front and rear fenders now available. I believe Replicant Metals offers them but there may be others that I am unaware of. I would also appreciate anyones advice on defining characteristics of an original fender. The ones that I have now need more work on them than I can afford just to GET to the painting stage. Not rust but some extensive metal and dolly work. I wouldn't want to offer up original fenders if they are not, but I am considering going the repop route and letting go the ones I have. Any help would be much appreciated. I would put up some pictures but I have no idea how to do that (computer challenged, no smart phone) Maybe if anyone is going to the Stafford Springs, CT. swapmeet this coming Sunday they could verify for me what it is that I have for sure. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide. Smitty

Tom's parts are spot on and he goes to great lengths to make sure of that. He will be at Oley and I'm sure he would be more than happy to spend some time with you talking about his parts. You are aware that there are early and late VL parts? 30-33 is early and 34-36 are the later ones. He has spent a lot of time on these and JD parts making them as exact as possible and if the frame is good should bolt right up without the fitment issue you usually find with other repo parts. All my stuff is OEM but if I ever have to replace any of it I will use Tom's parts. Not sure who else does them except maybe Lonnie at Competition or Bob Luland.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Comment

Christian Henn in Germany is making me a VL tank presently. He also has fenders. His web site is GEOMAN something.i believe he actually makes a many of the VL and other early sheet metal sold by others.

Comment

Hello Smitty, W&W Cycles outta' Germany sell VL Fenders & Tanks also. Look under Pre-War Parts listing. Also, Lonnie Isam Jr.(Competition) passed away in 2017.*R.I.P. Just a suggestion Smitty, as i would spend my do$$ars here in the USA. www.wwag.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WebSite
        *M.A.D.*
        Last edited by JoJo357; 04-19-2018, 08:14 PM. Reason: additional info.

Comment

Lonnie Isam Jr passed away - His business was JurassicRacing. Lonnie Isam Sr is Competition.

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
          Hello Smitty, W&W Cycles outta' Germany sell VL Fenders & Tanks also. Look under Pre-War Parts listing. Also, Lonnie Isam Jr.(Competition) passed away in 2017.*R.I.P. www.wwag.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WebSite
          *M.A.D.*

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
            Lonnie Isam Jr passed away - His business was JurassicRacing. Lonnie Isam Sr is Competition.
            Didn't really know the Isam's outside of ordering parts, along with their rich M/C background Jerry. Jr. must have been involved with Competition, because he took a few of my inquiries, and call in phone orders over the years.
            *M.A.D.*

Comment

Christian Henn, AKA Geloman has offered good parts in the past. I believe he is more of a middle-man for different manufacturers, so the quality can vary. I would want to see his parts before I ordered. Replicant Metals, brings their parts to AMCA meets so you can see the quality first hand.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

At one time Jr and Sr worked a lot together and occasionally right up till Jr died last summer.

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
                Didn't really know the Isam's outside of ordering parts, along with their rich M/C background Jerry. Jr. must have been involved with Competition, because he took a few of my inquiries, and call in phone orders over the years.
                *M.A.D.*

Comment

L&W body shop in Pennsylvania. They are selling their business. Their fenders look really good...but I called about a RL front fender and he wanted $1450.00. I am going to use myold bondo one

Comment

I have what I think is a 34 -36 front fender if interested you can PM me. We can discuss and I can text or send pictures by email.
                    Jim D

Comment

Many thanks to the 2 knowledgeable gentlemen, (well known on here), that were kind enough to judge the originality of the fenders I currently have. At this point I'll just be a bit more patient and get them done up right as money allows. Thanks to all that replied, Smitty

Comment

I was glad to help looking at the fenders for you Smitty.
                        I wish I could have spent more time with you but I was so busy
                        all day long at that swap meet it wasn't even funny!
                        Hang on to my number and feel free to call me anytime, John P/46EL

Comment

Working...
                        X