UL Tappet cover tool VT #16-0812

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UL Tappet cover tool VT #16-0812

A new 48 UL owner and need help figuring out how to get the late model U tappet covers to properly seat. I ordered one of these tools and it appears that the diameter of the tool is much larger than the diameter of the covers/clips. How does this tool work. I have the front exhaust cover that I cannot get the clip to fully seat and cannot get the retainer clip to rotate beyond the slot. I thought this tool might help but can't figure out how.

Help

No picture makes it impossible to see what you have. And that VT number means nothing to me. I assume it is V-Twin but I don't have a catalog and am not looking it up to see what you have.
    The covers are quite simple. If all the parts are there and correctly assembled. The factory tool lifts the eared washer and allows it to lock into the upper cover. The lower is then pushed down into the bottom cup, the clip inserted, and then the upper eared washer is released to put spring pressure on the clip holding all in place. Done.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Berno!

I believe the Tedd insult is two bent pieces of mild steel tacked together to make the handle.
      If you cannot get a refund, you might fire up the torch and close up the gap.

I used a male rod race welded to a broken wrench, carved to fit with a whizzer wheel.

....Cotten
      Attached Files
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-27-2018, 11:23 AM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I guess this is a live and learn. I took your advice and bent the POS to make it work. I did get the one eared clip that was giving me trouble to rotate past the slot so it doesn't leak. Raining like crazy hear or I'd go for a ride and see.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X